Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Thank you all for your concern for my hospital episode.



Thank you all for your concern for my hospital episodes on Friday June 28th and Saturday the 29th.

Thanks especially to Miah who, as a competent First Responder, took charge and as good as saved my life. This was my first trip in an ambulance, which was kind of exciting in itself, but I can't say much for the Boston bumpy roads on the way. Fortunately I was not having the heart attack that was feared, but only my first bout of kidney stone, which by the time all the tests were done at the hospital had resolved itself.  I talked them into discharging me and walked the mile and a half from Brigham and Women's to class.

Many thanks to Louise: Unfortunately, Saturday noon I had another bout and Louise was kind enough to take me back to the hospital again. By the time I got there the episode was over, but the doctor warned me that it still could be a heart attack or blood clots in my lungs, which could kill me in the pressurized atmosphere of the airplane flying home, so I agreed to stay for more tests.  By 10:30 that night all the tests were normal and they discharged me.  Apparently the stone is gone and I have not had any more problem with it to date.

Special thanks to Janna who was kind enough to run some errands for me on Saturday, including picking up shipping boxes, and help me figure out how to pack my art on Sunday.  I really couldn't have done without her help.

You all have been so wonderful to me in your concern.  It's great to be in the AIB family.

Richard




No comments:

Post a Comment